Tuesday, July 27, 2010

The McAdoo Clan Family Tree Reaches a New Milestone

The McAdoo Clan family tree now has more than 1000 names and is still growing! In the last several weeks, I have added more than 100 names, all in the Smith branch of my family. This “breakthrough” is the result of discovering a genealogy resource, The Wharfedale & Craven Genealogical Study. It is an ongoing project to construct the family lines and histories of individuals and families who may have lived the Wharfedale and Craven areas of Yorkshire.

Starting with the names provided to me by Josie Walsh, of Craven Indexes, The Wharfedale & Craven Genealogical Study database has generated a huge amount of family information. The data include dates of births, deaths, christenings, burials, marriages, occupations, and family groups (parents and children).

I am well into locating relatives who lived in the 16th century including William and Ellen Cockshott, my 12G grandparents. Yes, that’s 12 grands!
William was born in 1496 and died in 1591 at the age of 95. Ellen was born in 1501 and died in 1591 at the age of 90. They lived in Silsden, Kildwick, Yorkshire. The data sources are mostly from Kildwick Parish Registers.

2 Comments:

At June 28, 2011 at 3:33 PM , Blogger AMissMess said...

Congratulations on your McAdoo family discoveries! I understand all too well that tracing this particular family tree can be a bit...difficult. I am attempting to trace my husband's line and can't even get out of the United States!

I know the McAdoo's hail from Ireland/Scotland and I am planning a trip that way in a few years. Any pointers as to where I might check out??

-Heather

 
At January 17, 2019 at 1:57 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

My great grandmother was Nancy McAdoo from West Falls, Arkansas. Her daughter, Mary Green, married Alma Bohe and ran Bohe's meat market on the square in Fayetteville, Arkansas. The house Mary lived in is in the historical register in Arkansas.

Sincerely,
Vicki Bohe-Thackwell.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home